12.24.2008

Going to see Santa.

On Sunday, we took Owen for his first (of probably many) trips to see the man in red. For this Christmas Eve post, I thought I'd just share the moments leading up to the big meeting with ol' Saint Nick. Who knew Southdale could be so bizarro?


So we get in line. 
And the first thing we see is a giant ape holding a baby ape. Why? Good question. 
(And no, I'm not making some joke about Katie and Owen. You're naughty.)

Hey kids, how many days til Christmas?! 
Here, ask the orangutan in the J. Crew sweater.

Perhaps you would like some fresh baked cookies from a kangaroo-- wearing a wig...

"So Ronnie, I got this idea for the North Pole thing at Southdale Mall. 
We can put a baby panda in one chair. Wearing a chef's hat. 
Then in the other chair, we put this baby lamb. Wearing headphones."
Brilliant.

Mama and O-Robs waiting to see the Man.

Lights! Look! Lights I can touch!

No response to “Going to see Santa.”