6.22.2009

Hello hi-fi.

Owen has quite the hankerin' for the hi-fi stereo that's in our dining room. He especially likes the tiny orange light glowing on the front. What the little guy doesn't know is that this old beaut has quite the history. My Grandma and Grandpa Gardiner bought this Zenith High Fidelity Stereo/Phonograph way back in the 60s (I think). My Mom would tell stories about how, back in the day, my Grandparents wouldn't let her and her bros/sis listen to "that awful rock n' roll" on it. So when no one was looking, they'd sneak into the room and listen Elvis or whatever anyway. Little hellions.
Fast forward to just after I graduated college... Instead of letting this gorgeous relic be sold when my G-parents were moving from TX, my Grandpa agreed to give it to me if I would have it shipped to MN. Deal.
Today, I'm so thankful it all worked out b/c it's my favorite thing in our whole house. A day doesn't go by where Owen doesn't hear the hi-fi jammin' as he's having dinner in his hi-chair. Katie and I both love love love it. Crazy enough, it's got an ipod hooked up to it now. 1960s, say hello to 2009.
Hey Grandpa- chime in with some comments if you get a sec.

No response to “Hello hi-fi.”