7.20.2008

Crafts and more.

I've been meaning to post these crafty items for a few months now, but thought I'd share some fun things I've been working on with my sewing machine.

I've created a "Messy Mat" that can be used indoors and outdoors. It's made out of oil cloth and it's can be used under the highchair for those messy snacks or could be used outdoors out on the lawn. I've made a few as gifts, but only remembered to take a shot of ours. Ooops! Next I have an idea to make a single diaper pouch/billfold type thing for emergencies with two pockets - one pocket for a diaper and the other for a plastic garbage bag and wipes. Again, thinking of making it out of oil cloth. It will probably take me about 3 months to actually get to a fabric store, find oil cloth I like, design/make up a pattern and actually make it. Some day my friends, some day. -K

Here are the finished drapes for Baby R's room. They turned out really beautiful. I've also added a few pics to showcase where we're at with the room too. We're nearly finished, just waiting for some final decisions on art work. We'll probably make the final decision either just before or after the baby is born. I'm sure he won't mind not having artwork on the wall!


No response to “Crafts and more.”